2021 Chrysler Pacifica AWD is a special MPV. A minivan with the ability of the All-wheel drive is something different, spacious interior, spacious cargo, driving comfort typical of an MPV but with the ability to pass through the field like an SUV.
When it comes to capacity for taking cargo and our family on a trip, a minivan is certainly a better choice than an SUV. People’s most favorite car, the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica AWD is going to make its appearance in front of the crowds, with its new upgrades and features that will awe the audience.
This segment is popular around 2019, however, it drops by 15 percent every year. Luckily Chrysler always comes up in innovative design and excellent features. Chrysler has sold 15 million of their cars since 1984 and has been a popular choice for family-oriented purpose cars.
Chrysler sold 50 percent of their cars last year, this shows how popular they are in the US. This minivan car is a champion at March Mayhem in America as the “best family car”. So you can expect that the new release will attract lots of new customers and old customers alike.
In June 2013, Chrysler stated that they will produce Chrysler’s new minivan model at the Windsor Assembly Plant. Chrysler Manufacturer FCA US LLC in 2015, stated that the CEO would invest $2 billion in developing the new Chrysler minivan model.
The new vehicle appeared on January 11th, 2016 precisely at the North American International Auto Show. The brand name before was Town & Country, however, it was rebranded to Pacifica instead. Chrysler Director, Bruce Velisek explained that Pacifica’s purpose was to change minivans’ entire segment sample.
The new Chrysler Pacifica 2021 version was introduced at the 2020 Chicago Auto Show in Chicago, Illinois. This new Pacifica model showcased new exterior styling, and is now available with All Wheel Drive (AWD) for gasoline-powered models, with the addition of Front Wheel Drive (FWD).
2021 Chrysler Pacifica Redesign Exterior & Interior
Chrysler Pacifica’s new features come in a pack, from the exterior design, interior design, engine upgrades, and LED lamp. The style of the newest Chrysler Pacifica is different than the previous model before. It is designed for family trips and advanced dynamic driving.
Chrysler’s design team gave Pacifica a new 2021 makeover into a more modern SUV look than a minivan. The upgraded LED light has standards, tail lamps, and fog lamps to deliver heightened visibility on the road ahead. Similarly, Chrysler tail lamps look a lot like the 2020 Genesis G90. This proves that Chrysler is trying to make a different exterior look than the previous model.
2021 Chrysler Pacifica’s new design boasts their sporty new look and luxurious look. Chrysler Pacifica will have smaller head housings, boosting the new Chrysler Pacifica bolder look, and yet still retain its unique LED features. Pacifica subtle changes might remind you of the popular Dodge-like features. These subtle changes purpose is to attract Grand Caravan’s base more than before.
New Chrysler Pacifica provides passengers with the most comfortable experiences for a long family trip. The second and third row has ample space for spacious cargo if they are folded up. The comfy seats would bring a new level of warmness to the whole family.
What’s impressive about the coziness is the crocheted caramel, Nappa. The leather-trimmed seats and unique satin chrome controls will impress you with a more advanced interior.
Chrysler Pacifica interior design will impress your eyes for its techy gadget. The new Chrysler Pacifica has the new 10.1-inch Touchscreen with additional features such as FAMCAM interior. The Touchscreen is known as the largest in its class, moreover, the FAMCAM feature allows you to watch the passenger seat, including the child seat.
Another cool gadget inside Chrysler Pacifica that will awe you is Uconnect Theater with additional Wireless Headphones. This gadget is useful for keeping your kids entertained with more built-in games on the dual 10.1-inch touch screens. The new Uconnect 5 provides five times faster processing speed, higher-resolution images, and Android Auto connectivity for two devices together, and more.
There are other storage compartments called the Ultra Console that offers convenience and comfort in a form of the integrated armrest. Chrysler Pacifica also has wireless phone chargers that boost practicality and convenience in one package.
Chrysler states that this minivan will be the quietest minivan ever, because of the advanced interior noise-reduction measures that include enhanced body sealing, thicker sliding-door glass, new door fitment, glass-run seals, and acoustic glass for the windshield.
Safety & Security Features
Safety features now standard across Pacifica model lineup include:
- PAEB: Works in tandem with FCA Gen 5 radar/forward camera/braking system to activate when pedestrians are in vehicle’s path and driver has not taken action to brake
- Forward Collision Warning: Deploys brakes to alert driver about impact risk and assist with driver response
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go: Maintains distance between Pacifica and vehicle in front of it and can bring Pacifica to controlled stop, if needed
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning-Plus with Lane Keep Assist: Leverages electronic power steering (EPS) to deliver torque input to alert and assist driver with corrective action and helps guide drivers back into lane if Pacifica drifts out
- Rain-sensing Wipers: Turns wipers on automatically when rain is detected on windshield
- Automatic High Beams: Turns high beams on and off automatically, reducing glare directed at vehicles in front or behind
- Advanced Brake Assist: If inadequate force is applied to brakes in response to signal from Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Advanced Brake Assist increases brake force automatically
- Laminated Glass: Plastic inserted between glass panes provides added protection against breaks
- Body Structure: Stronger metal body structure for A-pillar and B-pillar
- Passenger Side Small Offset Rigid Barrier (SORB): New Pacifica delivers improved performance on SORB crush test issued by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
- LED Headlamps: New LEDs light up the night with a balanced beam of light that minimizes glare on oncoming traffic while doubling the light output directly in front of the vehicle
- Supplemental Turn Signals: Signal lamps built into the housing of exterior mirrors allow turn signals to be viewed from the front, sides and rear of the vehicle to alert oncoming traffic and pedestrians
- LED Fog Lamps: Provide improved illumination during inclement weather
- Third-row Lock Out: Locks third-row seating so seats cannot be accidentally stowed or deployed
Additional advanced safety features are offered through a new, optional Safety Sphere Package, part of a new Premium Group Package available for 2021. Advanced features include:
- 360 Surround View Camera: Offers 360-degree views of Pacifica and its surroundings, including a bird’s-eye view, shared via the new 10.1-inch Uconnect 5 touchscreen
- Class-exclusive ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist: Uses ultrasonic sensors to guide the driver into parking spaces
- Front and Rear Park Assist with Stop (Rear-stop only): Uses ultrasonic sensors for front and rear park assist
Chrysler Pacifica has driver-assistance features that help the driver to avoid accidents to occur along the trip. It has an advanced pedestrian automatic emergency braking system and Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus.
The first security system, pedestrians’ automatic emergency braking system can monitor pedestrians that passed by for enhanced security and safety. The second security system, Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus, makes the driver stay aware of his surroundings that uses radar and camera to bring the vehicle to a full stop if you’re about to collide.
2021 Chrysler Pacifica AWD Specifications & Fuel Economy
Chrysler Pacifica has a new AWD system called electric all-wheel-drive. The eAWD system delivers traction to the rear axle through a dedicated electric motor. It also uses a 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine new revision. This car will produce two powertrains, plug-in hybrid and gasoline-only.
The Pacifica Hybrid plug-in uses a 16-kWh lithium-ion battery, with an additional all-electric range of 33 mi. It is important to know that if you’re planning to have a long trip, you need to have fuel-saving features in your car. Thankfully the Pacifica hybrid version has the highest fuel saving among all other minivans.
To clarify the fuel-saving features in Pacifica, the regular Pacifica can fuel save around 18 until 28 mpg. While the hybrid version can fuel save around 84 mpg-e per 40 kWh or 100 mils for electricity only. The gasoline-only hybrid version can fuel save around 32 mpg combined.
2021 Chrysler Pacifica Release Date & Price
Chrysler stated that they will debut their newest car in an upcoming auto show during the first-quarter of 2020 or fall 2020 with unspecific dates. However, the auto show Chrysler mentioned is rumored to be the Canadian Auto Show in Toronto.
Windsor Assembly states that they already create about two dozen of the pre-production 2021 Chrysler Pacifica AWD models to receive feedback, however, in disguised forms on the free streets. The previous 2020 Chrysler Pacifica price is $33,745, so we can guess that the newest Chrysler Pacifica will probably be around $35,000 upwards.
If your family is looking for a nice comfy car for a long trip, then try the Chrysler Pacifica 2021 version for your personal and extravagant driving experience for the whole family to enjoy. Additionally, fuel-saving features to save your pocket money for more adventures than spending it on the gas station.